View Single Post
Old 9 Sep 2011, 13:59 (Ref:2953154)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ALMS 2012 Discussion

I have been trying to delay the start of this thread until the current string of races ends, but teams are starting to release plans for next season.

First of all, we likely won't know the ALMS schedule until Petit, that is the traditional release time. The schedule will likely look similar, except there is the rumored demise of Long Beach.

On the classes front, we have very little information from the series. We know that 2012 will be the 3rd and final year of the contract for having the GTC and LMPC classes. Although the LMPC's have had their homologation extended by the FIA/ACO, so I don't see that class leaving anytime soon. Will the ALMS open up the GTC class this season? We will have to wait and see.

In GT there have been few announcements. BMW has hinted at a return, and I think the RSRJag's have more in store. There was the announcement about Lotus Sport USA running the GTE Evora's, but past that, I can't remember any other announcements.

In the LMP2 ranks, will Level 5 return with their new HPD's, or take them to the WEC? Will anybody else join the fray, with a Riley perhaps?

Onto LMP1 where we have had a few announcements this week. Dyson said they will be back with their 2 current cars next year, and are working towards running a 3rd. Do they even have 3 Lola coupes? MuscleMilk are currently evaluating chassis/engine combinations, and are looking at Lola, Oreca, and HPD with Toyota, Cosworth, and HPD as possible engines. Did he say Cosworth? Other possible entries - Autocon, Intersport, DeltaWing?

As of now there seem to be a lot more questions regarding 2012 than there are answers. Hopefully some of the puzzle pieces will begin to fit by the time this season wraps up.