View Single Post
Old 9 Sep 2011, 16:33 (Ref:2953217)   #4
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Signature ends up being Vaporware, for sure. Signature I don't have my hopes up for. Core Autosport I anticipate moving to LMP2, as I believe that was their initial plan. Though, if they think that they might be the only car in LMP2, they might as well just stick with LMPC and screw the expense.

I don't know why Risi and Patron/ESM would leave. I think the disappointing media package that Risi complained about is the only factor between the two teams that would make one want to leave, and I think Giuseppe is far more interested in the IMSA/ALMS/ACO product than Grand-Am (or World Challenge? Don't know if that is on his radar).

Robertson's withdrawals have me thinking they are dusted.

Will be interesting to see if the ALMS continues as the ALMS, as Fogelhund has said. Certainly next year wouldn't be a bad time to start slowly implementing their own rules and call the series IMSA Sport Car or IMSA GT or something, opening up the rules for BIG stock block American V8s, the old Judd GV5.5 and such as I have desired and many have indicated are what attract the fans.

To the other side of the speculation argument, clearly with one more year of LMPC and with Dyson and Cytosport sticking around, it would be hard and complicated for IMSA to go GT-only, but I don't think that is something that is being thought of by anyone in Braselton at the moment.

So we shall see. Also, this is four, negative-speculation filled season discussion threads, 09, 10, 11, and 12.

Chris