View Single Post
Old 9 Sep 2011, 18:08 (Ref:2953269)   #12
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Just a hunch... two of the new Ferraris in Grand Am will be run under the Ferrari of Ft.Lauderdale-Banner, but that's a dealership not a race team, I wouldn't be too surprised if they'd have the cars be run by someone else, and with Risi having a similar setup with Ferrari of Houston right now....?!
I am more under the impression that Giusepe Risi is more drawn towards Le Mans then toward grand am, what is possible is that he runs the grand am team that someone else would finance, and use those finances to run a ALMS/ Le mans programe.
after all he seems to be very proud and personaly invested into ferrari spirit and history, and historicly ferrari is a Le Mans racer.

I can't see him droping Le mans for grand am, it would be out of character. he seems like a person verry proud of his historical ferrari contacts.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.