View Single Post
Old 9 Sep 2011, 19:12 (Ref:2953294)   #15
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
T.V. more same day coverage. It can't all that bad when a tape delayed race on network outdraws a live race on a cable "sports" network.
this is off topic but, I don't know what the real draw of the "old" big networks is anymore. Maybe it is just my personal tv viewing habits, but it seems like most people have cable/satellite access these days, and use the guide feature instead of just flipping between the 3-4 major networks. end rant.

If I recall the ESPN/ABC deal was for multiple years, not just this one. So we at least know what to expect on that front for next season. We will just have to see how the split between ESPN2 and ABC goes, and how long of a programming block they are willing to give up for sportscars.

Sebrings 60th running next season coincides with the opening of the NCAA basketball tournament, so that will be where the sports media is focused.

2012 Schedule
We have at least 2 confirmed dates:

Feb 8-9 Winter Test
Mar 14-17 Sebring