View Single Post
Old 1 Aug 2012, 19:22 (Ref:3114857)   #2374
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
You must remember that in 2014 the BHH will be on the inside of the wheel arch, which more or less demands the wheels to be covered in a pontoon. Also the regulations on the cockpit, BHF and rear wing pretty much excludes anything from looking close to the GT500 silhouettes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
I am certain that the requirements of LMP1, including the dimensions, BHH, BHF, etc. would rule out a GT500 car without extensive reworking. A car whose design is not maximized for a rules set, is highly unlikely to be competitive anyway.
I agree with what you both said. I don't know the dimensions of a gt500 car, but I assume it is a bit bigger than an lmp anyways.

But how about this instead: the upcoming turbo hybrid gt500 engines could be used in a bespoke lamp chassis if Honda or Nissan so chose. May be a way to lower the development cost of a lmp1 project