Thread: Racing Capris
View Single Post
Old 30 Aug 2006, 15:18 (Ref:1697681)   #25
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Top additional info there driftwood!

I can remember a few of the names and cars you mention but had to wait until I read about a lot of them like the superloon cars as they were bit before my time.

The Grp 1 early 80's are fond memories, Vince like you say was one of the top pedallers of Capris in UK.

That Charlwood car was a helluva beast! Saw it one in a Thruxton special saloons race i think?!

I sort of remember the Norris Miles Cologne story as well. He'd been quite a rapid pedaller of Alfa's and Rover's in prodsaloons in the 80's and obviously fancied something more potent to play with. Don't think it was out very often though.

Would certainly be interesting to get more info on that car, who ran it and what it's doing now.

davyboy yeah i was lucky enough to have a Bburago Zakspeed car as a lad as well! I'm still looking for the damned thing to stick on a shelf with loads of other models!

Last edited by chunterer; 30 Aug 2006 at 15:20.