View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2014, 05:04 (Ref:3390030)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
why do you think i've come over to sportscars from formula renault 3.5?

no, but seriously. it's completely correct. the one to watch is actually 3.5 - that's where the guys who seriously don't have the money for the next step are hanging around, and where the most underestimated talent is. might not be true in 2014, but crikey it was true in '13.

i don't think anyone's viewed suspiciously if they don't prove themselves in gp2. it's worse if you do a cecotto and erm, cover yourself in glory gp2 has so many mitigating factors that can stop someone being able to prove themselves. it's a lot like f1 in that respect. 3.5 is a little more "pure" but it's still difficult to achieve if you don't have the right resources or you don't know how to use them.

some of these guys coming over from single seaters i think aren't as good as some more established drivers, and there's a degree of being blinded by youth. i fear a little for sportscars because of that.