View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2014, 11:05 (Ref:3390132)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
One of the natural advantages of sports cars, besides the surge in GT3 fields and the rising profile of the WEC, is that each car needs 2 or 3 drivers, which effectively doubles or triples the available drives. An obvious point, I know, but significant.
on the downside, those cars also need funding. sometimes these single seater refugees come in thinking they're going to be able to get a drive for nothing which isn't necessarily the case. like i said before, i fear for the well-established but ultimately not that well-walleted guys who are much better drivers than a kid with a bit of money who suddenly realised he's not as talented as his dad told him all these years.

at the moment the balance is just about right. you *want* the calados, the kliens and the leimers. but i'm finding that the "wow he's REALLY talented" threshold in sportscars is pretty low. you guys are getting pretty excited about people who were able to buy some pretty good drives in single seaters with some quality staff behind them and who did very little with them.