View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2014, 15:50 (Ref:3390257)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I think what we're seeing is that drivers who can't make it into F1 have their eyes on sports car racing due to higher profile championships.
i suspect you're over thinking it a little. the guys simply want a career in motorsport once they've got over the f1 dream. full stop, end of story. doesn't really matter what they're racing. it just so happens that now there's no money in f1, and there's loads of money in sportscars, and dtm are taking young drivers seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Not criticising him in the slightest, I think racing drivers should seek to race everything possible, but normally young drivers finish single seaters before heading to sportscars or touring cars (though Christian Vietoris drove in both GP2 and DTM for a season iirc).
i think it's wec that vaxiviere is doing - there's at least 2 clashes between 3.5 and elms this season.

to their credit the french guys think a bit laterally anyway, much more so than british racers. for example, panciatici did formula renault 3.5, then a couple of rallys including the monte over the winter (family ties), then went into lmp2 with signatech. a couple of formula renault 2 litre and f3 drivers have gone into national rally full time (yann clairay?), and ragues is having a go this year as well. nathanael berthon did the andros trophy over the winter. paul loup chatin went from eurocup in 2012 to lmpc in elms in '13 to lmp2 this year - he also did the french porsches last year as well. jean karl vernay will race literally anything - take a look at his career record on forix. etc etc.