View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2007, 21:49 (Ref:1882316)   #77
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just back from my first visit to Brands Hatch (and London) and I must say I'm impressed, I wish all circuits were turned out to the same standard as MSV do to Brands. A lot of security and other workers, such as litter pickers walking about which definitely makes a difference to the experience. All we need now is fully seated, and covered in from that terrible chill of a wind!

Plato didn't dissapoint me this weekend, 2 races is probably the best anyone can manage to win usually these days, and that's a good solid start to his season. It's a pity Darren Turner wasn't up there with him to help the Seat points tally.

But then that shows I guess that the championship is more competitive this year, whereas last year Seat had a big advantage at Brands, this year it didn't seem that much. Which might not bode well for other circuits.

BMW's, now I didn't expect them to do so well and Mat Jackson, well done to him, what a debut in the "proper" BTCC. I think he could well be a thorn in the 4 big teams sides this season. I smell a porky that he didn't see the flag in R1, I was at Paddock for that and every time the car hit the bottom of the track it was always letting out a puff of smoke, what it was I don't know.

From the trackside there does seem to be a group of drivers who don't seem 100% on it all the time, most of them being the BTC spec cars. For them, such as Blanckley, Pocklington I presume they haven't really had much time in the car so far. I did expect the Alfa's to have a better showing, then again a new team learning a new car.

And I couldn't not mention Rick Kerry's BMW 120d. That is an eery sound from a car, a simple whistle. Who said diesels were dirty and noisy ?

Last edited by touringlegend; 2 Apr 2007 at 21:53.