View Single Post
Old 14 Nov 2007, 15:50 (Ref:2067384)   #17
ian beckett
Racer

ian beckett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello Thomas,I have been doing some work on your car and discovered the following...It is in fact chassis M3/1-26 built by Schnitzer in February 1989.They ran it in the Italian championship for the whole season until it was sold in October of that year to Hong Kong business man Kevin Wong. He raced it at the macau Guia race if that year,coming 10th,he was 7th in 1990,was injured in a support race for the '1991 event and could not start,he was 6th in1992 and also in 1993. The wheels on your car in the photo are exactly as run during the later Macau races where the car was white with black and red panels and stripes.I think the idea of your car being yellow is odd,There were two yellow cars which ran in the Japanese series up until 1993, they were a team called Autotech (a large Japanese car accessory concern).The cars were running at the same time in different places within Asia.I hope this is of interest toyou. I will post another reply shortly with a site where you can find pictures of your car at Macau.Ian