View Single Post
Old 16 Nov 2007, 09:05 (Ref:2068668)   #20
ian beckett
Racer

ian beckett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Thomas,glad that the info' was of some help.try this on Google...www.home.macau.ctm.net/~eddy tang This should then show only one site.....Macaus Candy House. Click on it and scroll to the bottom of the page and then click on History of Guia race.This should then open up the various years there are photos for! You will see the large numbers of M3's racing over the years.The cars also raced in local championships in Thailand/Phillipines/Malaysia etc and their histories are completely intertwined with cars which also ran in the larger and more prestigious Japanese series.Because of the language difficulties I have found it at times almost impossible to follow the cars as they changed owners or had different sponsors and colour schemes.I am at present trying to unravel the histories of the cars along with Alex Elliott and will keep you posted as I discover anything new.You are correct about the yellow paint and that has rather thrown me! The Autotech team had two cars which ran in the Japanese series up to '93 when they replaced them with the 320 Supertouring car.Eddy Wong did own more than one car so further digging is required.I just wish I could read and Japanese because I have several race programmes which are fabulous for the photos but not much use for the text!! Any more photos would be helpful because I may spot other clues.What are your plans for the car? All the best Ian.