View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 2003, 12:19 (Ref:780931)   #17
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Onlooker
Toyota would be no worse than say Mr T Walkinshaw or any of the other F1 heavy hitters and we seemed to have survived that onslaught,Bates has hardly ripped the guts out of the ARC in the years that he was/is backed by the company and NASCAR seem to get away ith racing cars that are all originally FWD with no great dramas,to the piont that they have now got almost a common siluete.I doubt that Pro Drive and 888 have been the model teams that the V8's must surely be!!!!!
I disagree about Toyota being no worse. In the WRC they disgraced themselves before excelling, and in F1 they disgraced themselves, but are still a long way from winning. I also don't think many of us on here want Supercars to be like NASCAR, and 'get away with racing cars that are all originally FWD'.

I DO agree with your comment: "If this were sport, there would be no parity and may the best man win." The Rugby World Cup is in town ATM. I didn't see Namibia getting freedoms to enable it to compete on equal terms with NZ, France, etc. Well, it did compete on equal terms. It just needed more freedoms.

Touring car racing with Minis, Cortinas and EH Holdens competing on equal terms seems so long ago.