Thread: 1st Crash
View Single Post
Old 16 Jan 2008, 15:20 (Ref:2107330)   #8
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
First car, a lovely (or not) 1 litre Nova ( mine was worse than yours!). Driving to work as normal, someone pulled out straight in front of me, I swerved and for a second thought I'd got away with it. Then there was the crunching and scraping noise and I got punted squarely across the road and onto the pavement the other side. Everything from just behind the headlight to just in front of the rear light was punched inwards, passenger door was off its hinges but firmly wedged in the hole still, seats on the passenger side were pushed upwards and the wheels were left at amusing angles.

I was fine apart from the whole "wtf!" element of it, the car was declared dead at the scene. The other driver was ok but their Fiesta also died in the incident. I got £10 scrap for the car after I'd scavenged parts off it (got another Nova to replace it).

Since then I've been hit 3 times whilst not actually moving - XR3i that hit my Pug at speed on the front drivers side, lorry that slid on ice into the same front corner of the Pug (which was repaired again!) and finally some halfwit in a Merc that "got the wrong pedal" and went into the back of the car (didn't do any visible damage though).