View Single Post
Old 23 Jun 2010, 04:31 (Ref:2716693)   #5
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exactly, Singapore being my case in point. That's 5.0km as well, 23 turns. Monaco's even worse for corners/km (with a ratio slightly higher than Quebec v2). They're cases of exception proving the rule - not everything has to be so conformist when it comes to street circuits. Plus, this is largely a fantasy board, not everything has to be 100% realistic - pardon me for using some artistic licence

If you dislike them so much then have a go yourself and give us all something better

If it's an improvement, made an edit of Qingdao to bring it down to 4.5km, 13 corners, which largely keeps all the good bits and the character.

Or you could cut it even more, by skipping out Xianggang Middle Rd, to get it down to 3.8km, 14 corners. I used a chicane just before the S/F to break up the long flat-out run, but tbh I don't think it will make much difference - with this version the sweeper is going to be insanely fast regardless (unless you change it to run ACW)!

Also, going the other way around Wusi Square might be an option, as although it might not be as balls-out a section as if you used the fast esses, it would help bring the lap speeds down a bit and be a bit more technical, not to mention reducing the likelihood of cars ending up in the East China Sea!

Last edited by crozier74; 23 Jun 2010 at 04:59.
So I ride out to the old sundown