Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.indycar.com/news/show/55-...i-hao-qingdao/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Both are way too long
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lewandowski
The IZOD IndyCar Series will race Aug. 19 on a 3.87-mile street circuit in Qingdao
Whoops...

Seems AutoRacing1 had similar ideas to me on the potential layout. Difference is that theirs has a 2.2km straight, which is ridiculous even compared to Anhembi's 1.4km one. They could feasibly break it up into a 1.5km and 700m straights with use of the chicane I proposed in my 3.8km version, but I'd imagine IndyCar would try to avoid that where possible. It's also (according to Google Maps) 5.8km long, which is a bit short of the target.

I'm imagining they'll want to run it in front of the impressive government building. I think my first version in the OP wasn't too bad, and quite like the 'fishtail' section with the fast sweeper at Jiashike Eastern Dept store, but taking a cue from the AutoRacing1 version and extending the seafront section westward past Music Square a bit, came up with this alternative (again, 6.2km). Is maybe a bit too long-straight-into-90's though But the seafront section around Wusi Square should still be awesome!

Anyone else got any other takes on Qingdao? Can't wait to see what the real layout will be when it's announced - these streets look like they could make for a great track!
So I ride out to the old sundown