View Single Post
Old 14 Jun 2014, 06:12 (Ref:3420207)   #373
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG Rover Sport View Post
220 6R4s for sure - 200 Clubman + 10% (20) International variants.

So that's 501 V64V engines then by my count plus an unknown quantity of spares. I cannot really see Austin Rover making enough to get up to your magical 1000 figure though Mike, but I will let you know when I hear back from my friend.
Here's one for you based on FACT! Its been 30 years now so maybe the truth can out. 200 Clubmans were built and shown to shown to FISA in 70 car batches for the first 2 inspections plus the final 60 + 20 evo cars. The inspections were carried out by a Guy from Renault Sport. The evo cars included the works cars previously built prior to the 200 build - 3 from memory plus 17 clubmans from the first inspection converted to evo. Later a car for Will Gollop was built by Will from parts and did not have a works chassis number as far as is known. It is a moot point when the 200 cars were actually completed - some say that the base cars were presented prior to the 1984 RAC to get the Homologation and finished off as complete cars a while later. 200 V64V motors were assembled for clubmans cars the works evo units were built at Cowley by Cliff Humphries.