View Single Post
Old 26 Dec 2005, 10:42 (Ref:1490143)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Motor Racing Types In Different Racing Machines...

The Rolex Sydney to Hobart is on again... with several notable motorsport identities involved at the front of the field....

Neville 'Croaky' Crichton, long time boss of ATECO, former ATCC driver with JPS BMW & B&H Ford is at the helm of Alfa Romeo... which is on for line honours, and if the weather gets better, maybe handicap as well...

Michael Spies at the helm of Sirromet is a former winner of the STH race, and was involved in the ownership/management of Wakefield Park at one time.... his boat is currently in the lead on handicap....

Where this is interesting... is that this race in many ways is the yachting equivalent of Bathurst, with a ragtag fleet of boats of varying speed and specification, with crew of international standing (and cost...) against the local product....

...there are haves (Alfa Romeo costs $2m or so...) and the have nots (some of the tail enders are worth <$500k...) ... just like Bathurst was in the old days....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods