View Single Post
Old 21 Feb 2013, 14:48 (Ref:3208591)   #20
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtype38 View Post
So, how about about a Fixed Price listing with a "make me an offer" option? Its a free option and final value fees are based on actual selling price so doesn't matter what the starting price is. I could go for something quite big like £8000 and if someone has a punt at half that I'd still get the money I was after.
Normally the offer based sales go for a small bit below the offer price. I know this isn't always the case... but more often than not. People know that, so an £8,000 price is unlikely to have someone serious offering £2,000-£3,000. They might if the asking price was £3,500 or £4,000. Another down side is that these sales/offers don't have the panic/excitement of an auction counting down to a final price. People regularly bid and pay more than they ordinarily would have done had it been a straight sale. There's a psychological impetus to 'win' it.