View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 2000, 19:32 (Ref:20564)   #14
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess we just didn't see that part of it. One of the things I noticed right away was how much smoother they seemed than back home.

I have lived in Tulsa for 7 years now and they are still working on the same construction improvement projects to the main highways throught he city they were when I moved here. They have had to go back and repave areas that are new and are worn out before they can finish other parts of it. I am beginning to believe that the Indian word Tulsa, means 'working on the road for no apparent reason'.

The US suffers from the same problems, taxes go up, services go down. There are some really wealthy politicians around the world that have a lot more now than when they first took office.

This whole oil shortage issue is mostly a sham anyway. Our fuel prices were climbing about .05 cents a day just about three weeks ago. It went up from $1.42 a gallon to $1.71 a gallon in less than two weeks. Suddenly the Federal Trade Commision in the US announces they are going to investigate the matter and fuel prices begin to drop and are now down to $1.52 a gallon. Its all a big money grab by the oil and gas suppliers and their politcial lap dogs.