Old 17 Apr 2012, 03:05 (Ref:3060661)   #1
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Belatti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
brake booster help

Hi!

Im helping a friend who has got a Ford Ranger in the National Cross Country Off Road Championship. He has a big problem with the braking system. After some backmarker races with original equipment he dismantled the vehicle, builded a new (and better) rollcage, replaced the Diesel with a racing 3,5L V6 and a Saenz gearbox, and went for a Brembo kit with 330mm rotors (max allowed) and 6 pistons at the front and 280mm rotors and 4 piston at the back.

THE THING STILL NEEDS MORE BRAKES!!!

When he is doing 120mph in the dirt (or even on tarmac) and needs to do a panic stop, the vehicle wont even lock up brakes. I guess thats what happen when you have got huge tyres and a 1800Kg vehicle at that speed.

We have tried with really small cylinders and with many pedal ratios (a problem because pedal travel is a lot!) with no good results

I suggested him to install a brake booster but I am reluctant to use the original one.

I want to know if there is somebody that can suggest me wich brake booster to use and, above all, to do a proper sizing of it.

Thanks a lot!