View Single Post
Old 3 Dec 2014, 21:01 (Ref:3481611)   #161
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Duke View Post
Over the last few weeks,one of my guys has been replacing all the aluminium panels on the spaceframe.The main body is now off for the last of the repairs,will post some pictures shortly,sure is looking good.
I loved that car back in the days here in Ireland. George had a fantastic red Maguire Mini before it. The Irish GT's were great back in the 80's, the grids were relatively small but of real quality. There were 4 or 5 mainstay guys in the big class (up to 1600) and they were all pretty evenly matched so some great ding dong battled ensued. The cars were bloody quick too, often guys from the UK would come over in far more powerful cars and get a spanking.

I was sad to see George's mini go at the time when he replaced it with the Metro but it grew on me such that I ended up really loving it. It was fairly basic when he first got it but gradually modified it. I think he may even have lengthened it later in its life but I can't be certain - it just looked longer in later years. It was a bit of a twitchy bugger at the front so lengthening it would have made it more stable. I could be totally wrong!!