View Single Post
Old 29 Dec 2003, 16:42 (Ref:822634)   #12
pmoloney
Racer

United Kingdom
Staffordshire
pmoloney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well there's certainly a range of opinions there!!

First of all, I agree that it may seem daft to convert a road going car from scratch for my first racer, but to be honest I'm one of those people who enjoys the building just as much as the racing! The hobby for me can be all year, whether it is driving or tinkering in the garage!

On the subject of open wheelers...they just don't do it for me! I've always preferred the idea of saloon racing and therefore decided to go down that road. I'm also a BMW fan with a good friend being a BMW technician.

Anyway..kinda got off topic there, so thanks for the advice on speaking to fellow racers, bmwrdc, local scruteneers etc, all of which I will follow through. I've been following the BMW series (and cars) quite closely this year and think I've picked up most of the basics from speaking with guys like John W and others....it's the "preperation bits taken for granted" that I was asking about but thinking about it, it's probably best left to someone to physically see and comment on the car itself.

As for the website...thanks for the comments, it took a while and I've got loads more to do yet, but these cold nights will help. Hopefully a professional appearance will assist in looking for a suitable sponsor! (somehow I think this may be wishful thinking though!)