View Single Post
Old 6 Nov 2002, 14:21 (Ref:422986)   #22
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I'm not precisely talking about a strike as in "we should do this". Marshal numbers are dropping, but it's happening in dribs and drabs and there's never a situation where someone turns around and says "I'm sorry, we can't run the event today, we don't have enough marshals" - although we've all seen situations where the circuit is being run with far fewer marshals than we consider to be appropriate.

Until this happens, no-one outside the marshalling clubs is going to take any kind of affirmative action to make marshalling a little bit more attractive - why should they - they're getting the bodies they need.

I just think that the day someone finds they cannot run an event because of lack of marshals will be the day people will sit up and say "oops". I just hope it isn't too late by the time they do.

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 6 Nov 2002 at 14:22.