View Single Post
Old 13 Jan 2004, 06:53 (Ref:836260)   #21
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by jhansen
Saleen: I'm a big fan of the old GT1 cars. The Mercedes CLK and the Porsche GT1 were quick with looks to match! But are you saying the current GTS class is similar to the old GT1 class? Because I certainly do not see it that way at all. The old GT1 cars were fast, and the current GTS cars, well are not as fast.
Quote:
Originally posted by Fogelhund
I wonder what the French will think of this one.
It seems that ACO would like to pull up the GT(s) cars to a top category, in the "prototypes" spirit : prototypes with roofs. This kind of cars may be the "link" between the present GTS category and the "supercars" category to come, as mentionned Daniel Poissenot (Le Mans race director) in the last Le Mans racing issue...

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick B
Since no road versions are built how can it be a GTS? Or is the ACO bending the rules again...
Actually, Daniel Poissenot said that the things are not done yet, and that the actual rules are done to evolve and be improved. yes, the ACO's rules are moving. But as long as it's done to aloow more fantastic cars to enter, I can't see any problem.

Last edited by Fab; 13 Jan 2004 at 06:58.