Old 9 Jun 2012, 15:37 (Ref:3088040)   #2227
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Thank heavens for that, i was losing sleep over that
You're not going to get the reaction you are fishing for with that one, sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I see Bernie is praising Sky for generating one million viewers per race. Which you simply don't get with the Beeb apparently.
Only a matter of time before it all goes to Sky it would seem. A real shame.
Its certainly looking like its going that way unfortunately. If it does I'll have to drop it reluctantly as there is no way I could afford to pay for it. I can't see a future following a sport through YouTube clips and reading articles on the internet. If Bernie thinks 700k viewers on average is enough to congratulate Sky on doing a good job, then it really isn't about viewing figures or the outreach of fans. The BBC have consistently attracted over 80% of the total viewers this season and you don't have to be a mathematician to work out they are providing the primary coverage to UK viewers. Surely that is good for sponsors and business in general? You would think.

Sky have done a fair job overall but are never going to have an audience the size of a FTA channel, and the Beeb have done a fantastic job so far this season. It begs the question, 'exactly how much money does Formula One make from the fans'? Judging by the way Bernie is keen to cut the viewing figures down by almost three quarters in the UK, you'd have to conclude that the fans are very low down on his agenda. As much I have enjoyed watching Sky fall short this year, it seems the quality of the coverage is irrelevant as it'll succeed regardless. Very poor foresight IMO.