View Single Post
Old 10 Jun 2012, 12:21 (Ref:3088446)   #2243
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I watched the quali on sky including most of the pre-show and in my opinion the overall quality of the show was dire, it was dogged by Simon Lazenby being an embarrassment to himself and everyone he spoke to and failed attempts to communicate effectively via the "Skypad". The commentary was also poor and failed to build any atmosphere, the best part of the experience was the live timing on my laptop direct from F1.com.

This morning I watched the BBC qually highlights on iPlayer, even knowing the result it was ten times the quality of the Sky show.

I'll watch all the races I can live this year (I have sky sports anyway for my wife's tennis and snooker fix) but I certainly won't be watching Sky when the BBC are carrying it and if this weekend is anything to go by if it was all Sky I don't think it'd hold my interest and I'd probably fall back to just following F1 via internet news services and the press.

I used to think:

1. I'd miss Martin Brundle's commentary
2. Britain should join the Euro

These two turned out to be about the same level!

By the way I'm not always wrong, when the OWG was hatching DRS I warned people that we could soon be moaning about it being too easy to overtake and everyone on here took the P***