Old 4 Jun 2013, 15:56 (Ref:3257659)   #3
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All, please pass on the good news.

Very good news from Snetterton...

After Our Derek Rodgers crash due to a heart attack in the Formula Ford race at Snetterton at the weekend here's an update.

As at 1600 hours today (Tuesday 4th June) Derek Rodgers wife has let us know that Derek has been taken out of an induced coma and is now sitting up in bed telling his awful jokes as normal!

He has a small lumbar fracture but all seems to be working as it should be and he says he has even remembered who owes him a fiver!

He is still in intensive care but it is hoped he will be taken to a ward at Norwich Hospital in the next day or two. We will let all know details of his stay there if anyone is passing with grapes.

It has to be down to prompt care at the circuit and at Norwich Hospital to thank for this brilliant result and Dianne once again wishes to thank everyone for their action however small. Also for everyone's good wishes.

Dick Dixon Historic FF Drivers rep.

best wishes have been passed onto Diane and she and the
family thank all for their help and concern.
Here's some specific wishes from those close to the series..
We wish him a speedy recovery (once he is out of intensive care). Louis & Anne Hanjoul. HFF
We'll keep our fingers crossed
everything else goes to plan.
Will Nuthall HFF
I was marshalling at Snetterton yesterday but on a different corner, I can speak for all of the orange army by passing our best wishes to Derek for a good and full recovery. Anon. (Blueoval2 10/10ths website).
We had heard the news and were
obviously very concerned about this.
Rachel Arnold CRC/HFF
We all hope and pray for a good
recovery.
regards Alex Meek HFF
We are all very upset that Derek has been hurt.
Our very Best wishes to Derek his wife and family from all at Neil Fowler Motorsport
Kind Regards David Wild HFF
I know I'm new to HFF, but would you be kind enough to pass on my best
wishes to Diane and Derek?
Thanks, Paul Summerville.
My thoughts are, and have been, with Derek
and his family. Fingers are crossed, and will look out for further updates.
Nick Ball HFF
Our thoughts are with him, regards, Simon Hadfield. HSCC/HFF
It is very good to hear he is in good hands. Clive Hayward (Merlyn CRD Ltd).
Please send my very best wishes to Derek and Diane and wishing him a complete and speedy recovery

Kind regards John Crowell HFF

I don't know Diane, but when you speak next kindly mention that I was asking
after Derek and wish the family well.
Kind regards
Marcus Pye Commentator/Journalist.

I'm sure we all wish Derek a full and speedy recovery.

John Turner Photographer & 10/tenths Website manager.

Once again our thanks must go out to the marshals and medical teams whom we all hope we will never need but it is great to know that if things do go wrong we are all in the hands of the best. We hope for a speedy and full recovery and look forward to hearing some more of Derek's litany of dirty jokes in the near future. John & Barbs Hayes-Harlow. HFF2000

Best wishes to Derek for a full recovery. Peter Wray
Historic Racing Saloon Register (HRSR).

Thoughts are very much with Derek and his family. Derek is a great bloke and I wish him all the best with his recovery.

John Farrell Classic FF racer.

Derek is a very popular competitor and we hope he makes a full recovery soon. Our sincere thanks to the marshals on the spot, the rescue and medical teams, and all of the Snetterton team for their assistance. HSCC Office.

DD