View Single Post
Old 13 Dec 2013, 04:24 (Ref:3343492)   #3137
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberduck View Post
Also, it's noteable, that - at least in the german text - they strikingly often refer to statements like "it's not the fastest car winning at Le Mans" or "The tens of thousands of variables and countless possible set-ups mean that calculations to identify the most efficient overall package"

Looking forward to hear your thoughts!
Welcome to the forum!

I think your final statement rings very true in this situation. Porsche could experience some problems finding the perfect balance with the weight and, of course, the handling, but as long as their car is durable than they should be doing just fine.

As far as the engine specification and performance goes, I can't add much because I primarily concern myself with the slightly more trivial points, predictions, media buzz, driver changes, et cetera, but it all sounds very promising. But in terms of next year's competition, we can't expect too much attrition, at least if we measure it by this year's standards which was, of course, very minimal.

I'm looking forward to seeing it on the track competing against other LMP1 cars. Very exciting times in sportscar racing ahead.