View Single Post
Old 16 Apr 2014, 21:13 (Ref:3393533)   #15
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
It's a tough sell when you've got series who do stream for free. Even though Blancpain have been tying themselves in knots a bit with their efforts at Monza.

What they have to be careful of is making sure it works. A lot of anger is directed at streams even when they are free.

If I didn't have Motors I'd pay for it. It says RLM will feature which is good news. I assume they can still air the audio free online.

I wonder whether there will also be an archiving service again in case you can't watch it live. Do you still have to pay to watch a two-day old race - if indeed you even can?
Archiving would be a big incentive to subscribe - and would offer some nice options in terms of tiering offerings.

Something along the lines of
a) Race by race pricing
b) Season long subscription (advance payment, but lower payment per race)
c) Premium subscription (like b, but with archive on demand access)

Pitched along those lines, and critically at the right price point, and I can see it being perfectly persuasive, especially if they can ensure the quality of the stream holds up (and by limiting numbers through pricing they obviously boost their chances of doing so).

We happily pay for lots of things that make us happy (fine wine, good food, live music), why should sportscar racing be any different?

Last edited by isynge; 16 Apr 2014 at 21:14. Reason: typo