View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2006, 23:53 (Ref:1501404)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A tear in my eye is all....

Speculation is good fun... so lets hypothesize for a sec...

If you read between the lines in the AA interview with Mr Jewell (GM, Britek) it can be construed that the 2005 deal promised to bigtime sponsor Fujitsu was not what they were ultimately delivered.

The plan, as detailed in the article, was a single Fujitsu backed car in the main series, with Jason Bright driving, using the round-restricted licence as used by Mr Owen in 2005.

In the end, the team expanded to 2 cars because Mr White, a "commercial investor" as described by the article, supplied sufficient funding to operate a car at each round of the series, and allowed the team the capacity to invest in another franchise licence slot.

Mr Bright then signs on as lead driver to FPR, meaning the Fujitsu backers need to be sold on a 2 car team for the same investment, and drivers etc. need to be sought... and presumably Mr White doesnt have to pay full rent because the car is painted in Fujitsu colours.

My White funds the buy of the ex-Thexton BA for Mr Fernandez to use in the HPDC series also in Fujitsu colours, as the original car to be used in that series was used instead by Mr White in the main game.

At season's end... Britek have been on the teev for about 14.3 nanoseconds.. nobody really knows they exist... and the bloke who helped bring the Fujitsu dollars to Britek is upset with everyone because he has had no learning, no development and more importantly no test days.

It is not beyond the realms of possibility that Fujitsu was not too pleased at all of that, and requested a significant reassessment. Which may or may not have led to Mr Bright becoming lead driver in the squad that bears his name.... and Mr Fernandez the driver of the round restricted licence.

The way I see it.. what is the point of FPR paying Mr Bright a shedload of $$, and the Britek team fiddles around and pays Mr Seton similar $$ to drive for the team. Would it not make sense for Mr Bright to be paid the big $$ by his own squad??

Then we can watch Mr Bright "put the Britek car in the top 12" as suggested by the AA article

Again, pure speculation & conjecture
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods