View Single Post
Old 29 Dec 2009, 22:29 (Ref:2606197)   #15
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjtaylor View Post
Probably think I am mad. I owned for several years a Healey 100/4 with a small block chevy fitted, with the boot full of petrol tank. No room for a spare wheel and tyre. Several trips to Le Mans etc with a tin in the boot of some rapid fix tyre repair fluid. Fortunately I never got a puncture to find out if his miracle cure would ever work!!!
I ran a kit car for over 20 years in just the same condition. No trips to Le Mans, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875 View Post
I know a guy who did a 200 mile trip on one (at least one trip, could have been more!), and would have been travelling at 65mph+. He wouldn't have given a thought as to whether it was a good idea or not, the corner of the car was held off the ground so that is all he would have worried about.
I did nearly 200 miles on a space saver tyre at about the same speed. I would have stuck to 50mph, but a race engineer friend said they were good up to 80mph. He drives faster than me on ordinary tyres, so I split the difference.