View Single Post
Old 30 Dec 2009, 11:10 (Ref:2606349)   #16
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cost my friends cost, thats the main reason cars have space saver tyres, if a manufacture can save £10-£50 per car by using a space saver think how much money they save in total, off the top of my head i can think of at least 3 different manufacturers cars which all have a spare wheel well deep enough to take a full size spare but are supplied with a space saver and big plastic ring which fills the void left by the small spare.

as an AA patrol i fit loads of wheels at the roadside, when it comes to spacesavers 98% of them are considerably under inflated (although dont tend to look like it) and have to be blown up before they are safe to use, i guess its a result of a small internal area so they dont contain much air plus the need for a very high pressure, in fact i cant remember the last time i fitted one without having to blow it up, typically they have about 40psi in them rather than the 60 needed

Last edited by graham bahr; 30 Dec 2009 at 11:16.

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!