View Single Post
Old 10 Jan 2008, 09:44 (Ref:2103263)   #56
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Race 13 - WHT - Last Chance

Right, well, THIS really was the Last Chance race for those I may have confused with my earlier comments. I've certainly confused myself, but basically, this was the last chance for those who had not already qualified for the semi-finals, to do so. A big grid this one and the race was redflagged and restarted and the chequered flag held out after just 4 laps, so you can imagine it was a pretty hectic sprint and of 36 starters, 8 cars didn't even make the finish.

The race was won by David Grady (RF02) followed by Gaius Ghinn (RF00) with Oliver Roberts 3rd in his Swift SC92S. Roberts merits further comment since he was a real star on Sunday morning. He had won the Storm Race from the 2nd row, but for the Progression race he started from Row 10 to win over the 8 laps, and here he was starting from Row 16 to get the final podium place in just 4 laps. The stoppage may have played into his hands and closed the field up, but still a really good hard charging effort, and with fastest lap too, amongst all that traffic. His reward for all that effort was to get onto the final row (Row 18) of th first semi-final.

I've deliberately focused (or blurred in a couple of cases, sorry!) on the older cars in this race, so here we have the old Van Diemen RF81 of Paul McMorran on the first, and only, lap that he completed in this race:-

Roy Farrell junior was 10th in the Crossle 30F:-

Andrew Chesher was 6th in his RF92 (23) and Adrian Hamilton 8th in RF90 (43):-

Neil Davies was last of the classified finishers in the Lotus 61MX:-

Last edited by John Turner; 10 Jan 2008 at 09:52.