View Single Post
Old 13 Jan 2008, 10:52 (Ref:2105148)   #58
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Race 15 - WHT Semi Final 1

So, with all the qualifiers/eliminators out of the way, we were down to the semis with 'only' 72 cars left in for two grids of 36 cars each. This first one was won by Peter Dempsey (Ray GR05) from Neville Smyth (Ray GRS07) and Wayne Boyd (Van Diemen RF92), less than a second covering these three at the flag. There were great battles all the way down this field as you would expect at this stage of the competition.

Stuart Kestenbaum (13 - Van Diemen RF79) held off Matthew Dean (48 - Reynard RF88) to the flag to take 29th place:-

Jamie Jardine (92 - Swift SC92) did likewise to William Zollo (99 -Reynard 92FF) to hold onto 10th at the flag. In the background, heading into Brooklands is Mark Williams (67 - Reynard 92FF - 17th) who was later caught (see below). I take it that 1992 was aparticularly good year for Formula Ford!:-

That man Oliver Roberts (110 - Swift SC92S) again. Up from 35th on the grid, Mark Williams (67 - Reynard 92FF) was his final victim of this race to finish 16th, more than enough to get into the final, albeit on the 16th row. Well earned, I'd say. I wonder how many cars he had passed over the weekend to get into the final:-

Last appearance for the weekend of Adam Higgin (64 - Van Diemen RF88 -31st), Dave Lowe (69 - Lotus 61 - 32nd) and Angus Geddes (10 - Van Diemen RF88 - 33rd):-

Last edited by John Turner; 13 Jan 2008 at 10:54.