Thread: A1 Bankrupt!
View Single Post
Old 10 Nov 2009, 02:37 (Ref:2579278)   #132
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think A1 would work because it was running in countries or regions where F1 is not held, at time when F1 is having its winter break.

Places like South Africa, Mexico, New Zealand, Holland, Zhuhai, Brands Hatch, Indonesia, Dubai...etc. I thought that was the concept. Top class single seater racing that markets itself away from F1. If it had stuck to it then it would have survived.

I think A1's team and driver concept is really weak also. OK, it is about which country is best, but even in the World Cup (football), there is a Golden Ball for the best player and a Golden Boot for the top scorer and fans love these individual awards.

Every sport needs a personality, F1 is Schumacher, Golf is Tiger Woods, Soccer is Messi, Basketball is Kobe Bryant, Rallying is Loeb, MotoGP is Rossi...etc. A1GP has no face/personality.

The driver who scored the most points in a season should be given a Golden Wheel or something, then maybe another award for a driver who makes the most overtaking moves, Golden Gloves?