View Single Post
Old 10 Nov 2009, 07:57 (Ref:2579353)   #134
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by codename_47 View Post
Golden Throttle pedal?

Because I see conspiracy theories everywhere I can't help but remember who introduced A1GP to Ferrari in the first place....
The grey dwarf is clever enough to have worked this from behind the scenes and used TT's own stupidity against him, and in the process make sure A1GP never becomes a worthy compettitor to the holy Grand Prix series of his...

TT was very stupid to turn what could've been a great winter series (Tasman Trophy for the 00's anyone?) into a bankrupt pile of nothingness...but I can't help but see someone behind the scenes jacking up the price for engines etc and manipulating everything to remove potential competittion before it properly arose.

Still, I believe any single seater that races in the northern hemisphere's winter should be sucessful just because of the lack of the compettition out there from November-March. Even the Australasian series (NZ/Aussie V8 Supercars, various F3 championships, etc) race through their winter so there is almost literally nothing else on.

Maybe Himself wanted that particular idea for the GP2 Asia/Speedcar package, but that didn't exactly set the world on fire either....
Nice theory, but I think TT managed to screw this one up all on his own..