View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2012, 13:11 (Ref:3062627)   #71
FFfan
Racer

FFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Dominic, good luck with the season but I can't help thinking that no amount of talent is going to help Scott progress any further without the big budget required. Better to spend the money you have on a Ginetta G50 and race in the Ginetta Supercup - TV coverage, perceptions of talent available to a wider audience and the chance to step up with a Ginetta funded prize drive if you win the class. OK, so its not as pure as single seaters but you may just get some semblance of a 'career' out of it.

Edited to add, and my final sentence demonstrates whats wrong with single seater racing in this country. It just isn't a viable option for the 'average' brit; F1 may still get big TV audiences but at national level single seaters are an increasingly esoteric part of the sport in this country, unless we talk about club level racing where a man and a van can still enjoy the single seater thrill in F Ford 1600, F Vee, & Monoposto etc
Thanks Andy. We did look at Ginetta Super Cup (G55 & G50) but unfortunately even that was quite some way beyond our means. I think perhaps budgets there are a bit higher than people imagine them to be.

I cannot go into the exact details of Scott's deal with Cullen Motorsport & Cliff Dempsey Racing but we are very pleased with it and involves Scott working in a consultancy role with the team as well as driving himself.

We are very happy to be in BARC FR this season, with perhaps also the odd guest appearance elsewhere, and very open minded about any opportunities for Scott to continue competing beyond 2012.

DM