View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 2006, 20:00 (Ref:1521214)   #25
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's totally extreme, untrue, and very bad advice Dr Venom, sorry!

You have a professional team that know how to set this car up, and have done from the very start.

You have a quick driver who just needed time to get used to this type of car, to learn to drive it the way it is set up, and to get back into the groove of racing, to find consistency. Consistency is the key.

You have pit stops which blew the others away at the start. Sure, that last wheel-gun race was very unfortunate from a professional, championship-winning team who know how to do rapid pit stops. You may not know exactly what happened this race - whatever the reason, late call, communication, misunderstanding, who knows. In the main, the GBR pit stops have been right up there.

And you have had some bad luck.

But there is an element of truth in Gaz's "luck" comment - the harder I work at things, the luckier I seem to get, is another old maxim with a lot of truth in it. I'm not sure where the bad luck stems from, there may be reasons we aren't aware of.

The GBR car is a race winner, as is its driver. It is just a matter of time before it happens, then you watch how the luck goes.

It was John Surtees' birthday this weekend

And finally, Dr Venom, Robbie was going nowhere until this series happened for him. He has been given a car that can win, and he has proved he has speed at this level - way above F3 power - and is a good racer too. Yes, it's taken time for him to acclimatise, and there's just that little bit of consistency lacking - but that will come with the relaxation that a race win will give him. He has proved - to me certainly - that he would be competitive in GP2. It would be seriously crass to bite the hand that fed you or gave you a career lifeline, and I'm sure he wouldn't do that.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?