View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2009, 12:59 (Ref:2443034)   #1
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic events in Italy - June

I have the good fortune to have a few weeks off between jobs, and have convinced the Good Lady that I can take off in the motorhome with the TR5 on the trailer for a couple of weeks or so in June. I'm looking to enter the Mugello Road Race, and will try to get an entry into Vernasca Silver Flag (although I realise that my car might not be interesting enough for them), but there is a weekend in between those two events, when I could do something else. I've been surfing around, but I get the feeling that the Italian scene is somewhat disjointed, with lots of regional or 'one-event' clubs - does anyone know if where I could find a comprehensive list of everything that might be on? Or does anyone know of an interesting historic event on the weekend of 19th-20th June, somewhere in Northern Italy, could be circuit race, or road based (although I might not have a navigator - but as the wife was pregnant when we did the Targa Florio I've learnt how to drive and do the roadbook if absolutely necessary!!!)

Suggestions very welcome.

Also any suggestions as to how I might improve my chances of getting into Silver Flag? Short of investing in some rare Italian machine! Does anyone know anyone that I might contact?

James