View Single Post
Old 28 Jan 2014, 21:33 (Ref:3361277)   #24
FFfan
Racer

FFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
Look I'm really sorry, and I always was a Verstappen fan in the day, but this is everything to do with money and nothing to do with talent.

He may be the best driver ever for all I know, but he still should have to prove himself against his peers before jumping to F3.

This would never happen in any other "sport". It's a joke, The FIA risk ridicule, not that they seem to care anymore.
I have made the point on here before, and was berated by some for my trouble, but if drivers had to move through the system and achieve a certain standard before being allowed to move up then it would to some extent prevent cheque book racers jumping ahead of those who have proven themselves but cannot progress.

But to achieve that the whole system needs an overhaul and each step would need to offer a prize as happens in the USA on the Road To Indy.

Not suggesting that Max V isn't talented. He certainly has a more impressive karting CV than another Max who went straight into F3 and is now in F1

As you say the FIA & others who could make a difference to all this don't seem to care anymore or perhaps its just not in their interests?

Last edited by FFfan; 28 Jan 2014 at 21:35. Reason: spelling