View Single Post
Old 17 Aug 2009, 08:23 (Ref:2522804)   #3
BeeJ
Racer

England
Coventry UK
BeeJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think like Stroller that it is more of a lack of understanding between the two disciplines. I had a big barney with a Bike marshal that was running the post at the Plum Pudding. At the begining of the meeting we came to an agreement that the Bile marshals would take charge for the Bike sessions and the Car marshals would take place during the Car sessions. We had a Red flag during one of the Car sessions, heard it on my scanner so waited to see other Red flags go around the circuit, the Bike marshal then started demanding I put the red out althought I could not see it at any other posts. When I saw it at the post before mine, as that was closer to start finish line, I displayed mine.

The bike marshal then commenced to give me a dressing down and would not accept that we wait until we see a Red as it always starts at S/F line, and also would not back down when we said "but at the begining of the day we said that car marshals would run car sessions and bike marshals would run bike sessions"

So a lack of understanding caused a car vs bike marshal argument on post even though we thought we had covered that off by the agreement at the beginning of the meeting.