View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2001, 07:42 (Ref:81411)   #13
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My thoughts from Brands for what they are worth:

The wheels falling off problem is a function of the rear hubs which are a TOCA supplied standard part...
Apparently Vauxhall have had the same problem in testing and Lexus are quite concerned as they are using the same part as their front hub...

The Alfa was killing its dampers in under 3 laps, had to get a new set manufactured Sunday night (after Mr West leaned on the manufacturer in spectacular fashion) only for the engine to die in the Sprint... looked more promising than the Pugs which I thought were poor. Even the detailing on the cars looked bad and I think their weekend will be described as perhaps a little embarrasing.

Yes, Phil did a great job. Was glad to see him shrug off his altercation with the barriers in the morning warm up.

Point of interest... 888 say they could have their 5th car finished before Thruxton if needs must... that has to upset the likes of Lexus and Alfa who are struggling for bits...

Oh, and the Clios just weren't the same... none of my old sparring partners showed up/featured although top trivia:

The winner of this years opening round and the winner of last years opening round had something in common?

Both cars were engineered on the weekend by Mark Fish...

Cheers

RickP: Clio51