Old 12 Jul 2005, 03:41 (Ref:1353167)   #17
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
What (insert explicit here) does Pukekohe have to sort out. The facilities are the same as at Symmons and no is crying foul there.

I'm really happy that pukekohe has the race for the next 2 years and I hope they can have the race for many more years and NZ can be saved from Avesco bullying them into a street race.
The terrible pit garaging, the unsealed access road to pit lane, the woeful toilets in the pit area, the complete lack of servicable toilets anywhere on site (Apart from port a loos which there is not enough of) Sorting the roads around the merchandise area (Which when raining are a mud bath and when dry ensure that enough dust is thrown up from caterers vehicles that it gets in to every piece of merchandise). Fix the leaking grandstands.

As for Symmons Plains I don't really care, Pukekohe is suppossed to be the show piece for NZ motorsport as far as Supercars are concerned. There is no excuse for things like no light bulbs in toilets, no locks on cubicle doors. Broken toilet seats. etc etc The race track generates the income to sort this, it is not used for this.