View Single Post
Old 7 Aug 2011, 21:19 (Ref:2936975)   #436
MarioNZ
Rookie

New Zealand-Maori
MarioNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Well don't forget that TV3 also carry the BNT V8's so if TV3 went, so would coverage for both series not to mention several others including the V8 Supercars...
This is an article about TV3 possibly being bought....not disappearing, the thing holding TV3 back and the reason the current owners would be looking at offloading it is the crippling debt that was dumped on it by those same owners as part of yet another ludicrously leveraged private equity buy out. I would say TV3 actually generates very good revenue and in the hands of another (more senisble) owner, without having to service debt way beyond its means, it could be a very profitable proposition.

Let's not also lose sight of the fact that this article was written by the Herald's GOSSIP columnist??... whilst it is logical that TV3 would be for sale to the right buyer Ms Glucina hardly plys her trade by dealing in hard facts so I would wait for comment from a more credible source

Back to racing though and I think it's great to see what looks to be an excellent TV package announced for the Supertourers