View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2012, 16:33 (Ref:3059645)   #91
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
I haven't seen the second race yet, but I'm struggling to understand why VDD is rated so highly? He was solid in Superleague and FR 3.5 from what I've seen, but has never been a consistent winner. In Auto GP he should be dominating this championship but he's consistently behind Quaife-Hobbs, Sirotkin and Varhaug.
Bascially because he was not far short of superb in FR2.0 and has been immediately quick in anything he's got into for the first time since then, GP2, FR3.5 etc

Not only that but he was stellar in his FR3.5 races last year when not really fully recovered from that horrendous superleague shunt. Anyone who comes back from a crash like that and is arguably even more competitive is a very good driver mark my words.

He just hasn't had the right breaks. The season that should've worked but didn't, was the Epsilon Euskadi season in 2009. Don't know what went wrong there.