View Single Post
Old 28 Mar 2024, 15:44 (Ref:4203172)   #85
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I would also add to those that have said that Russell could and should have reacted quicker, that it must be born in mind that at the point when Alonso first braked, that Russell was just a half second behind him approaching the corner. The fact that in that short a distance, the Mercedes didn't clatter in to the back of the Aston Martin is a testament to how quick his reactions were.
Agree. I occasionally make this point every few years, but we examine situations like this after the fact and watch slow motion video and say to ourselves "Oh, I would have braked" or "I wouldn't have tried for that gap" or some other action that would have prevented things from going badly. But you watch these things in real time and often it happens in fractions of a second. Imagine following a driver closely lap after lap very closely and then they do something unexpectantly different. It will catch people out and that even assumes you have enough time to really react. Drivers are sometimes lucky and pull a save out of the hat, but they are not super human.

Richard