View Single Post
Old 3 Jan 2008, 09:20 (Ref:2098437)   #90
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
bugger, I forgot my magazine today, the previous edition of race engine magazine detailed all the Aston V12 GT1 power outputs verses the differing restrictor sizes in the ALMS, from that I will plug in the 33.7mm figure and see what the power figure comes out at.......thats assuming a linear relationship

regarding running the Judd 5.5 engines not flat out, I thing your all a tad wrong, in the days of the 4.0 V10 I'd say yes as it was a screamer......but the 5.0 and 5.5 litre engines spin a great deal slower due to their increased capacity, so they dont need to restrict them further for 24hrs.

no - from what I have seen of the V12 aston engine design, it will be a less than ideal LMP1 engine......it was a lousy GT1 engine to be honest, the Ferrari V12 GT1 engine that Prodrive previously used before the AM deal was a far better piece of kit......AM pretty much admitted this to race engine magazine.