View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2010, 20:02 (Ref:2681333)   #16
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine6 View Post
Im from North Wales so my main tracks are oulton and Angelsey.

I have just looked at the MSA website and checked out the "Getting Started pack", after getting that it mentions the ARDS test, How much does that cost? and will i get me my National B licence and is that what i need for the XR championship or something along those lines?
I did my Ards at Oulton, as its my local track too - Think it cost £250 - and it looks like it still does: http://www.clubmsv.com/car-home/ards...FReX2Aod1mXEGQ - on top of your Go Racing pack at £65 and whatever your doctor charges you for a medical - normally £50 - £80 range.....

Then you'll need a racesuit, helmet, preferably boots, gloves and fireproof long johns and vest. So you'll be looking in the region of £1000 - £1500 to get started...plus a car, of course!

Hope we haven't put you off......as an long-time rallyman (started rallying in the mid 70s) I was a bit sniffy about the roundy-round stuff, but once I tried it......I was hooked!