View Single Post
Old 17 Oct 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3319062)   #22
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintonRX View Post
Hi Steve
Had the pleasure of watching the last round of the French Championship at Dreux on Sunday. Quite a tight circuit, but you can see everything from a number of places, although the crash fencing would probably aggravate the photographers amongst us. Back on thread......I wonder how Adeline Sangnier would get on if she stepped up to the European S1600 class? Having been in the top half a dozen of the final championship standings in France for a few years, I could be wrong, but I think Sunday was her first A final victory. Enjoyed witnessing it. It was well deserved and she could certainly gave as good as she got from the blokes. Did she race at Loheac? I haven't checked the records.
Ive been following Adeline (not in a stalking kind of way!) since about 2009 and theres no doubt shes as quick as most of the guys but it has to be said she has often raced in championship winning cars. Unfortunately she didn't race at Loheac but I reckon she would have been good for a possible semi final as long as the Set Promotion guys didn't pick on her!

Dreux surprised me in a good way last year with some good racing but that was in the wet and very wet, havnt seen it dry there yet. As you say the fencing is annoying but it was even worst at Loheac and my guess is the ERC will be going there for sometime, shame as I would like to see Dreux get another go as long as they have sorted the paddock area out. Still the French championship is still pretty strong so maybe I'll get there next year for an FRC round.